Friday, October 1, 2021

 October 1st

We have been very busy in second grade. I am so pleased with how well they have adjusted to our new school year. We have finished our first math unit and will have our first test next week. 

We are learning how to expand our writing and add lots of details. I am excited to see their writing progress.

Our first science unit is a big hit. I love science and I think I might have some great science students! Our first unit is on animal homes and biodiversity.

Today they did 20 minutes of independent reading. I am hoping to start guided reading next week. Please watch for reading folders to come home. They will love to read their new book to you at home.

I will start sending home weekly progress notes next Thursday. This is a great way to keep you up to date and a way for us to communicate.

Here are some photos of our week:

PICKING POTATOES


















BUDDY READING











No comments:

Post a Comment