Sunday, March 13, 2016

Our Week

Miss Cloutier was in charge this week! She did an awesome job and didn't miss a beat! Third grade is very lucky to have such an AWESOME student teacher!

In math we continued to work on Unit 6. On Tuesday, third grade will have their unit test. We will start Unit 7 after the kids long weekend. Again, Miss Cloutier and I will split the class for math. It is a great opportunity for all of us!  On Friday, we had a little math break and the kids worked on optical illusions...they came out VERY cool!






Third grade is getting much better at multiplication facts! Congratulations to Dylan Dupuis for being the first third grader to finish all 30 facts in a minute! Keep practicing!

Next week we are going to start reading fables and folktales! We will eventually tie this into our writing. As we learn more about different stories and how they are written third graders will get to write their own story!

On Monday and Tuesday third grade will have a science test of Social and Group Behaviors. We will start our next scope on Natural Hazards and their Impact. I think the kids will enjoy this scope!
IMPORTANT: 

MAINE SCIENCE FESTIVAL

The science festival is this weekend!! I think third graders will LOVE it! I will be attending on Friday night and all day on Saturday. I would love to see all my third graders there!

Here is the schedule:
http://www.mainesciencefestival.org/

On Friday we were treated to popcorn from Mr. Cyr...just because it was Friday and kids love popcorn(and so do teachers). Mrs. Chandler delivered a Dr. Seuss treat...yum!!




I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I think I can feel spring in the air!

*We are still looking for some bigger scissors for our classroom! 







No comments:

Post a Comment