Saturday, January 2, 2021


Happy 2021! I know I am ready for a new year! I think we can all agree 2020 had its challenges, but we did it! I am so proud of my students and their families. We have done some pretty tough things and I think we have come out stronger in the end! I am looking forward to 2021 and all that we will accomplish!

We will start January with lots of reading, writing, and math. We will also start with a new science unit on landforms and maps. I love this unit and I think grade 2 will as well.

Our first writing unit will be opinion writing. We will also continue to work on sentence structure, vowels, blends, and sight words. Along with all of the writing we will work on nouns, verbs, and adjective. We will continue to work on making our sentences and writing full of details and description. 

MASK REMINDER:
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD HAS 3 MASKS A DAY. WITH THE WEATHER GETTING COLDER OUR MASKS ARE VERY WET WHEN WE COME IN FROM OUTSIDE. THEY CAN BE VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. IT IS GREAT FOR THEM TO HAVE 3 CLEAN MASKS A DAY TO CHANGE AFTER OUR RECESSES. 
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOU SUPPORT IN THIS VERY DIFFERENT PART OF OUR DAY!

WEATHER
WE WILL GO OUT DAILY, SO PLEASE MAKE SURE THEY HAVE ALL THEY NEED FOR THE WEATHER. WE PLAY IN THE FIELD 3/4 DAYS A WEEK SO IT WOULD BE GREAT IF THEY HAD BOOTS EVERY DAY AS WELL.

I hope you have enjoyed your vacation! I have been able to enjoy my family and relax, so it has been wonderful.

I am looking for to seeing my second graders on Monday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment