Monday, October 9, 2017

October 10, 2017



I hope you have enjoyed your long weekend! I have to say I do enjoy a rainy day!

Last week flew by so fast I forgot to take pictures! We are working on building our stamina during reading. This week we will start guided reading. We have done mini lessons to help with our comprehension. 

We finished our fossil unit and will start a new unit tomorrow. Our next unit is, The Impacts of Natural Hazards. This is always a fun unit with some pretty cool activities. On Friday, we will include a stem activity on hurricanes. We also make weather related snacks...can you guess what they might be?

Third graders started a narrative writing last week. It was a bit hard so we are going to work on powerful sentences this week. The kids designed some pretty awesome haunted houses and this week we will add some "haunting sentences."

We will be doing spelling this week, but will not have a spelling test. I am going to take this week to work in their spelling books. They will also use their words for sentence practice. They will have some homework to turn in on Friday.

I promise to get my camera out this week! 

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment