Sunday, January 31, 2016

January 31st

I could not be prouder of my third graders. They are working hard and continue to surprise me daily! 

We finished our science unit on "Inheritance and Variation of Traits." I was pleased how well they all did on the assessment.  This week we will start a social studies unit on "European Explorers." I think they will love this unit! I am discovering my third graders love non-fiction and we have some awesome activities planned for them!

We also finished our unit 4 math test and our mid-year math test! They did an amazine job. We are loving Everyday Math! On Friday, we went to the math lab and had our first lesson on IXL...needless to say it was a big hit! They loved it and were so happy with all the awards they earned along the way. I think this will be an awesome addition to our math program.

Some highlights of our week:

Our new math unit is studying fractions. On Friday we took a break from the book to do a fraction project. They LOVED it. They made mindcraft people and then had to write the fraction for the colors used! They did an awesome job!










The final results:

We have been doing lots of mini lessons on word choice before our actual writing block. One of the lessons was illustrating words. After illustrating and talking about the characteristics of the word third grade had to write a short story about their word without using their word! They have gotten many compliments on their work! Check it out...



And last, but NOT least...Every Friday should be popcorn Friday!!





I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I am looking forward to another great week in third grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment