Friday, January 8, 2016

Happy New Year

Third grade is off to a great new year! It was a busy week. It is always nice to get back into our routine.  They were all happy to see each other on Monday. Vacation is wonderful, but it is always nice to see all the smiling faces!

I am sure you have heard all about our new reading groups. The students are all in a mixed group of third, fourth, and fifth graders! We are having a blast. It is so nice to see them so excited to go to their new group and come back with so much enthusiasm. I think this is going to be a great few weeks for all of us.

We have started writing our own books. Third graders are working on strong beginnings. We have done mini-lessons on word choice and homophones.  Next week we will make a list of "no excuse" words.  These are words that should always be spelled correct! Before each writing block we will do a mini-lesson to learn a writing skill to practice.

Third grade started a new science unit on inherited traits. We had fun making a graph that included all the common traits in our classroom.  Some of the traits we looked at were: eye color, curly/straight hair,
bump on your nose/no bump, detached earlobes/attached, freckles, hair color, etc. 

We are very excited to have Miss Cloutier in our room for the next few months.
Here is her introduction:

Dear Parents / Guardians,
Hello! My name is Emberly Cloutier and I will be working as a student teacher for the next four months in your child's classroom. I received a 100-hour field experience placement in Mrs. Humphrey’s class this past fall and was delighted to be invited back to complete my student teaching this spring. 
I am currently a senior student at the University of Maine working to complete my eighth and final semester.  I have spent my undergraduate career studying elementary education, with focuses in mathematics and French.  I have had experiences working with grades PreK-3 throughout my college career and also volunteered as a tutor for 7th grade reading and math.  In my free time, I love to read, travel, embrace the outdoors, and spend time with my friends and family!
During my stay in at Veazie Community School, I will be continuing my work with students in hopes of bettering my own abilities as an educator. I am excited to have the chance to create and lead some of my own lessons as well as work right alongside Mrs. Humphrey in class.  
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.  I can be reached via email at emberly.cloutier@umit.maine.edu.  I look forward to continuing getting to know all of the student and creating a wonderful third grade experience for them!

Sincerely,
Miss. Emberly Cloutier

I think Miss Cloutier will add a lot to our classroom. I am happy to have her working with me and your children!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Holly


No comments:

Post a Comment